Post by Yxy »

brown rice vs white rice

http://www.flzine.com/alan-aragon-vs-no ... rice-wars/

i was pretty surprised by the conclusion, lol

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Re: Rice Wars

Post by xarope »

Probably not that surprising, however the summary is a little disingenuous in saying that brown rice "may" be less healthy cf white rice; considering that we already know about possible allergies with more "complex" food sources (food with more micro nutrients). e.g. for folks with allergies, white rice is preferable to e.g. sweet potatoes etc.

So yes, nothing actually earth shaking there. Would be interesting to see if the same summary would be drawn if the question had been "is eating more green leafy vegetables source better than eating white rice purely for weight loss" to see if Aragon believes in "a calorie is a calorie", which I would be shocked to think he does.

Just reading Aragon's free article though, seems to dispute a certain person's conclusions and his recent fat loss diet:

Strasser B, et al. Fat loss depends on energy deficit only, independently of the method for weight loss.

Aragon's summary: "... It's possible that such glaring methodological flaws might be keeping the research inconsistent with what I've seen with fat loss clients of both sexes: calorie reduction alone is inferior to calorie reduction pus exercise that supports the retention of muscle mass."