Mariusz can do it all

The forum that sees the most traffic
Canuck eh
Pro and hardcore

Mariusz can do it all

Post by Canuck eh »

apparently against Pawel Randa, a world class rower and Olympic silver medallist...

now I'm curious to find my 500m time...though I think I'll stick with 250m intervals for now

I'm not sure I read his time correctly, but 1:18:xx would put him as one of the fastest in year. Also, I think his time implies power averaging 737!

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Re: Mariusz can do it all

Post by xarope »

To be fair, weight class makes a big difference. Randa is a lightweight, where nobody can weigh over 72kg. And lightweights typically have slower 500m times than the heavyweights. I think world record is about 1:14 for open cat C2?

Secondly, this is measuring pure power, not skill. If this was a real race on the water, I suspect Mariusz would have caught a crab about 0.5 seconds into his first recovery, which would have added about 30mins to his time... :axe:

But I must admit, his pulls were very smooth (that, and his skipping; wouldn't want to meet this guy angry in a dark alley!)

[edit] some more analysis, look at the difference between how Mariusz pulls versus Randa; Randa pulls to his upper chest, with wrist cocked - obviously years of on-the-water practice to ensure blade is fully in water, with optimal recovery to feather at the end; Mariusz pulls to his stomache/lower chest; this would miss a lot of water, and not give optimal recovery (i.e. catch a crab time)[/edit]

alex
15lb curler
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Post by alex »

mariusz is also in mma right now lol

nakorius
Fat Bastard

Post by nakorius »

Mariusz can break the rower by just looking at it. :twisted:
Nothing posted by this fat bastard should be taken seriously. SOME are for entertainment purposes only.

peter
I smith quarter squat 5 plates a side!
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 3

Post by peter »

But Chuck Norris will break Marius, with only his pinky finger :twisted:

nakorius
Fat Bastard

Post by nakorius »

Chuck Norris teh winnerz!!!
Nothing posted by this fat bastard should be taken seriously. SOME are for entertainment purposes only.