Just a thought.

Training to look good naked
Weib
Pro and hardcore
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Just a thought.

Post by Weib »

We know that EPOC surge GH and it last for 36 hours...
Mike rousell did mention it in naked nutrition about doing some form of hiit before a meal just to spike the GH again..

I'm wondering if you did like short brief HIIT before a meal to spike GH would lead to faster fat loss?

I'm gonna try it next week and see how it goes.
one in the morning and one in the evening, 2 minutes of 30/30 air squats to see how it goes..when the KB arrives i'll switch to swings.

I'm wondering how much is enough to solicit the effect.

thoughts?
Working "hard," or the perception of working hard, doesn't really mean anything. Sweating, vomiting, and breathing hard could be a good workout or a tropical disease kicking in.-Dan John

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

30s air squats I think is too long for really intensive HIIT.

How about just good old normal tabata air squats? Maybe for 8min instead of 4?
"the more u sweat in training, the less u bleed in battle"
Click below for free tabata timer...
http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer

lips
CEO, Team Biceps

Post by lips »

more Physical activity = lesser fat usually?

so any activity will be good?
Score Fitness with Kevin.
http://kevinchia.sg/

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

not more activity, but intense bouts for oxygen deficit.
In the same sense like 2-3 mins of jogging won't help compared to 2-3 mins of KB swings 30/30.
Working "hard," or the perception of working hard, doesn't really mean anything. Sweating, vomiting, and breathing hard could be a good workout or a tropical disease kicking in.-Dan John

lips
CEO, Team Biceps

Post by lips »

Weib wrote:not more activity, but intense bouts for oxygen deficit.
In the same sense like 2-3 mins of jogging won't help compared to 2-3 mins of KB swings 30/30.
Correct, but 2-3min of jogging is better than doing nothing if you get what i mean.
Score Fitness with Kevin.
http://kevinchia.sg/

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

you'd have to be scientific about it, clone yourself and then do two different cases:
1) tabata before meals
2) tabata any other time

otherwise this would be a meaningless study, other than to say that any extra workout burns extra calories (fat or otherwise).

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

That is a freaking good point.
"the more u sweat in training, the less u bleed in battle"
Click below for free tabata timer...
http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

okay since i got my KBs and so happen i'm reading the metabolism advantage by JB which talks about Gflux..

I shall try it out before every meal - cept for work days(breakfast) and post pre work out meals.

I'll take 3 meals a day and before that i'll do a 1 min rapid fire of whatever i can think off with my kb for 10 rounds then i'll go dig in to my lunch.

Prior to the rapid fire, i'll consume some proteins + carbs (1 cup muesli nuts mix + 1 cup milk + 2 scoop of whey) for insulin surge and glycogen replenishment for anabolism, post interval will be protein + fat.

lets try it out and see how it goes.

Derek
15lb curler

Post by Derek »

Do we have to factor in the impact of additional HIIT work on CNS recovery? I'd love to be able to go balls to the wall everyday, but I'm no mutant. :cry:
Work Smart, Work Hard, and Kick Ass.

Skinny twig... Time to bulk up!

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

Nope, metcon stuff demands little from the CNS, just that you need to keep your calories and fish oil higher.