Jungle Gym or TRX?

Metabolic & conditioning training topics
gkhchay
I'll just hit the stairmaster

Jungle Gym or TRX?

Post by gkhchay »

Trying to experiment with as many types of functional exercises as possible with the least amount of home gym eqpt that takes up space ie weights. My workouts are solely at home, late at night & during weekends. Presently using Bodylastics Strongman Edition, Doorway pull-up bar & Power-push up.

Thinking v seriously of getting either TRX (http://www.fitnessanywhere.com) or Jungle Gym 2 by Lifeline (http://www.lifelineusa.com/en/products/ ... e-building) to add variety to my metabolic conditioning workouts. Only difference I see is the price. I tried the TRX at Aldrin's place after my rehab session yesterday. If anyone has Lifeline's Jungle Gym, appreciate it if you could give your views on it... thanks.

My fitness goal now is to build functional strength while rehabbing my rotator cuff & left knee..... the rotator cuff is much better, can do 12 pull-ups now - will start to do weighted ones soon. knee is also better but progress is slower.

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Re: Jungle Gym or TRX?

Post by galapogos »

I've seen the TRX at Aldrin's too. Quite fancy. It has a few advantages over a set of rings, but a set of rings also has a few advantages over it. I think a set of rings is also cheaper, but you do need a sturdy place to hang them from.

If it's between the jungle gym/TRX, I don't think there's much difference between the 2. However, I'd say check out the rings as well.

Weib
Pro and hardcore
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Post by Weib »

TRX, for the many setups you can use.
Other wise just get a pair of rings.
Working "hard," or the perception of working hard, doesn't really mean anything. Sweating, vomiting, and breathing hard could be a good workout or a tropical disease kicking in.-Dan John

gkhchay
I'll just hit the stairmaster

Post by gkhchay »

Aldrin got lobang for the TRX so he managed to get me 1 set. but trying to set the damn thing up is a real pain.... after half an hr still couldnt set it up properly - will bring it with me when i see Aldrin during next appt with him so that he can show or help me do it. With Bodylastics it was so easy, within 2 min i was set to go but with this damn TRX it really tried my patience... :x

hermanchauw
Barbells are my friends

Post by hermanchauw »

NO MACHINES. Do freeweight or bodyweight.

hermanchauw
Barbells are my friends

Post by hermanchauw »

You guys might be interested in this: http://www.tacfitcommando.com/blog/?page_id=303