maximum cans of sardine a day

Diet related topics
galapogos
GM, Team Biceps
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Re: maximum cans of sardine a day

Post by galapogos »

Sufian wrote:I dont think I lift that light to begin with.
Doesn't matter, lift EVEN heavier :mrgreen:

notle
I love the leg extension machine!

Post by notle »

1.5kg of meat a day is not realistic.

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

notle wrote:1.5kg of meat a day is not realistic.
Some can do it though. If I had a lot of time and money, I'd do it.

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

I still don't understand the principle of this diet.
Sounds rather outlandish for a cut diet.
Working "hard," or the perception of working hard, doesn't really mean anything. Sweating, vomiting, and breathing hard could be a good workout or a tropical disease kicking in.-Dan John

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

Weib wrote:I still don't understand the principle of this diet.
Sounds rather outlandish for a cut diet.
Go attend PICP level 1 then you'll know.

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

thats besides the point, i would expect some kind of explanation with the recommendation and guiding principle so that the person doing it will know and somehow understand what they're doing.
However it seems like everyone will get the same recommendation.

I've ran thru the numbers and tabulated - the math and science just don't add up.
Working "hard," or the perception of working hard, doesn't really mean anything. Sweating, vomiting, and breathing hard could be a good workout or a tropical disease kicking in.-Dan John

Jordon
Pro and hardcore

Post by Jordon »

don't add up nvm one, whether there is results or not is the question.

but i still agree with you that its a weird diet.

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

why so?

Think a lot of his clients, and his coaches (jon and daniel zhang themselves too) are on it too.

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:
why so?

Think a lot of his clients, and his coaches (jon and daniel zhang themselves too) are on it too.
are they cutting or bulk?

notle

Post by notle »

i think it is unrealistic because i have personally tried to jack up my intake of meat and i think 1.5kg is a really a far stretch.I think the key is that it will be difficult to sustain. without any gradual transition into it i would expect most people to fall off the bandwagon pretty quick. i have done my fair share of crazy bodybuilding diets when i was younger to buff up.

However if i were to be one of his clients i would be firstly very rich, so my choice of "meats" would be alot more varied and tasty. and after spending so much on him i think even if he ask me to eat S*** i will eat S*** haha. :finga:

i sense a kind of carnivorous meat-fiesta kind of attitude here and i know basically everyone here loves their meat, cos the general population here is still young and training hard i think we can get away with eating all that obscene amt of meat.

My last sentence is not to imply that too much meat is not good. but if i were to reach say 40+ in the future and now longevity is a top priority, eating QUALITY food (meats,greems) while restricting and controlling calories would be alot more prudent i think.

notle

Post by notle »

ryan you are studying in JC now arn't you? dieting in JC sure brings back nasty memories :D

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

notle wrote:i think it is unrealistic because i have personally tried to jack up my intake of meat and i think 1.5kg is a really a far stretch.I think the key is that it will be difficult to sustain. without any gradual transition into it i would expect most people to fall off the bandwagon pretty quick. i have done my fair share of crazy bodybuilding diets when i was younger to buff up.

However if i were to be one of his clients i would be firstly very rich, so my choice of "meats" would be alot more varied and tasty. and after spending so much on him i think even if he ask me to eat S*** i will eat S*** haha. :finga:

i sense a kind of carnivorous meat-fiesta kind of attitude here and i know basically everyone here loves their meat, cos the general population here is still young and training hard i think we can get away with eating all that obscene amt of meat.

My last sentence is not to imply that too much meat is not good. but if i were to reach say 40+ in the future and now longevity is a top priority, eating QUALITY food (meats,greems) while restricting and controlling calories would be alot more prudent i think.
I see. Perhaps I could say offer a little bit more about this "1.5kg meat unlimited veg" from what Ive gathered from him.

I think he's saying this with the intention of a recommending it as a lifestyle habit, rather than a "diet" per se, because everytime I ask him about it he says just " vary the meat sources to prevent food allergies. When i said i would take 425g (net weight of the can) sardine, 300g striploin grass fed beef (1 serving ma) , 200g ck breast , 16 eggs every day he said I was being "anal "when actually my intention is be able to calculate and standardize the cost to let my mother know if she can handle it.

I think he also mentioned tt 1.5kg meat is actually only about 240g of protein ( divide the weight by 5 according to him) as some of it is tendons and water. When i asked him if i could sub eggs/almonds/shakes he said only the former unless it's casein. He also mentioned tt eggs will still be slightly inferior to meat as the latter is digested more slowly (preventing unnecessary insulin spike i guess? ) .

Oh btw, no carbs except PWO and 1 carbup meal a week.

Now in my 4th week of this. He told me the diet is the same for bulk/cutting. But for bulk do German Volume training, cutting: german body composition. Strange as it may sound, i actually lost weight ( about 1 kg) since starting this program. When i asked him about it, he said it could be because I'm slow-twitch.

Hope this helps you to understand this more.

Note tt my opinion is based on my own value judgment based on the stuff i learnt from him and daniel, and may not neccessarily represent his own.
Last edited by Ryan.carpediem on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

notle wrote:ryan you are studying in JC now arn't you? dieting in JC sure brings back nasty memories :D
Yes. Really hard to do this in JC man. Which JC were you from? :)

notle

Post by notle »

i was from MJC.

don't think i am in any position to question coach jon.
fresh whole meat and veg,healthy fats, minimal carbs, refeed everyweek. can't really fault it.

but r u bulking or cutting? hope the diet works fine for you, post up your results!

AhBen
15lb curler

Post by AhBen »

Is such obession about details at a novice level of training really necessary?

Remember,don't sweat the small stuff.

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

post a pic, 4 weeks - 1 kg and you're cutting?

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:I think he's saying this with the intention of a recommending it as a lifestyle habit, rather than a "diet" per se, because everytime I ask him about it he says just " vary the meat sources to prevent food allergies. When i said i would take 425g (net weight of the can) sardine, 300g striploin grass fed beef (1 serving ma) , 200g ck breast , 16 eggs every day he said I was being "anal "when actually my intention is be able to calculate and standardize the cost to let my mother know if she can handle it.
You must come from a rich family. That's a lot of food money for someone in JC.
Ryan.carpediem wrote: I think he also mentioned tt 1.5kg meat is actually only about 240g of protein ( divide the weight by 5 according to him) as some of it is tendons and water.
Depends on what meat it is. Even different cuts of beef are different. 1.5kg of ribeye is about 350-400g of protein. 1.5kg of ground beef is about 300g protein. 1.5kg of lean sirloin is about 450g or protein. 1.5kg of chicken breast is also about 450g protein. 1.5kg of salmon/sardines is about 350g. I don't know what meat he's using when he says 240g. These are what I get when I plug it into fitday.
Ryan.carpediem wrote: When i asked him if i could sub eggs/almonds/shakes he said only the former unless it's casein. He also mentioned tt eggs will still be slightly inferior to meat as the latter is digested more slowly (preventing unnecessary insulin spike i guess? ) .
I wouldn't sweat it if it's "slightly inferior". Of course if you're chugging soy milk for your protein then there's something wrong, but eggs are probably fine.

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

my take on all this... 1.5kg may be optimal.

But, we dont need this. But to each his own.

And, Ryan, thank god you are not my brother. These demands for food money and supplement money for a 17 year old boy, I would certainly disapprove. Even if my mum agrees to it, I would stop it.

I said many times to you, and I am saying it again. Get the cheapest meat if u are too anal about the 1.5kg weight that u "need". And, that meat is chicken. Have some pity on the one who is paying. Heck, even vegetables are not that cheap nowadays.

And, if u are eating that much meat, please put in 110% in your training. I notice u are doing GVT. Put your all into it. Strive to use more load please. Coming from a weak bodybuilder who does high reps all the time, I would say that the load u use is pretty low for hypertrophy to take place. And, lose weight while doing GVT and eating 1.5kg meat a day? Something is damn wrong. Can't be the meat. Then must be the training.
"the more u sweat in training, the less u bleed in battle"
Click below for free tabata timer...
http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer

Canuck eh
Pro and hardcore

Post by Canuck eh »

I think too many have already said too much, he ain't Kelly Bundy and it's not like one new fact displaces an old one... (I'm dating myself, but I doubt you guys ever got the show here, though I notice 5min minisodes on Star)

The only advice which we should be giving him is academic ones, which is don't ignore them. All else is peripheral, unless you are the 0.0001% of the population who excels in some manner they can be successful via some other route.

He doesn't know exactly what he wants, doesn't give enough time and effort (based on 3rd party accounts) to devote himself to one method or another to discover for himself what works and doesn't work. Heck, by all accounts there isn't even enough time spent to have it called flavour-of-the-week.

On this whole diet matter, if you can afford to pay for this yourself, then there's little I can say about this, though I'd reckon there are better ways to spend what little money a studying teen has. I'd like to ask if the limit of your culinary skills extends beyond boiling water? Based on my observations of most people here, life skills don't seem to be emphasized here and remain underdeveloped. KC is a pleasant exception to this it seems from his recipes and some of his posts re: cooking techniques. Growing up, I made it a point to learn how to cook from my mom some of the favorite dishes that I enjoyed. Little did I know the importance of that when I married an SG wife (though to her credit, she learned to fend for herself in TO) but I felt it was important and I made an effort whenever my mom was preparing meals to help out or at least observe. When I head back this year, I'll try to do more of the same.

Point is, when I was growing up, I ate whatever my mom put in front of me, though thankfully, while by no means rich, my parents always made sure we ate well. I never imposed on them to must buy this or that, or to cook this or that for me. If I wanted something, I very well did it myself. If your mom does that for you, I'd say that's her prerogative, but without knowing her, I'll say I don't agree with a form of parenting that comes with complete acquiesence to your kid's whim on the fool notion that equates to love.

Nuff said!

aaron
15lb curler

Post by aaron »

:clap:

vicvic
Pro and hardcore

Post by vicvic »

ryan,

keith just hit home with that he said. if you choose to ignore this, you're fucked up.

the rest of the guys too have indeed tried to guide you in the right path, but now are you willing you walk through the door that they've shown you? no one can drag you through it.

don't EVER give yourself the chance to look back one day and regret and sigh about "why didn't i listen back then".

even i've chose to post something, this means something.

good luck.

nakorius
Fat Bastard

Post by nakorius »

Q: Why should your mother be burdened with your obsessions and the lack of direction for your multiple conquests?

Ryan, for the very first time, right here right now, I must say this.

I strongly disapprove of what you are doing.

You are still trying to build a building without the foundations in place and I believe you have received more than enough advice in the matters of training and diet.

These are also the people who have put in time and effort to try and help you, but unfortunately as it seems, you are quite self-opinionated but at the same time, virtually clueless as to what you are doing and throw everything out.

We all take you as our friend and don't hope to see you continue down the path that you are on.

And if you want the meat, I think it is only fair you either work for it or you can settle for something that is within your means. Even many working adults in this forum do not indulge themselves in getting the best of everything and I assure you that they are definitely more advance than where you are right now.

Step back from everything and start thinking about it.

Write down your priorities.
Nothing posted by this fat bastard should be taken seriously. SOME are for entertainment purposes only.

AhBen
15lb curler

Post by AhBen »

Ryan,so what if you are buff and strong(which won't happen anytime soon if you continue to be like this) but screws up your studies and hence your career etc? You want to get laid(like our Aaron :lol: ) right? Getting laid is more about looking good. It is the complete package.

If you worry about such trivial stuff,how are you gonna handle life's REAL challenges next time(such as establishing your career,supporting your parents,being a good father,being a good husband)

Sweat the small stuff and you'll always be small(literally and figuratively,with regards to your physique and in Life)

Good luck!

(And GVT is not for you,I said this right from the start.)

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

ok lah i think enough opinions and suggestions already already. it's becoming more and more negative despite good intentions. ryan come back see so many posts also sian zip bua liao...ryan, just read it, take it all in, think about it, and then decide on what you wanna do. no need for more comments liao i think.

AhBen
15lb curler

Post by AhBen »

Ya,enough flak from us.Chiil. :wink:

Why don't you see some counsellor or some sort of shrink to sort out your internal demons(which never seem to be exorcised)?

notle

Post by notle »

i was like ryan before in JC, but i didnt have a nice forum like this, more or less a freakshow. i was way more anal then him in diet and trng thats what i can say.

i think its just a phase like any other :D sooner or later it will pass. just don't neglect ur studies ok, i was lucky enough to scrape thru my As....

this is something i posted quite a long time ago in HWZ.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showt ... ?t=1996572 .

Dun try and worry too much about results, strange thing about physique changes is that they happen so slowly that they only manifest themselves when you lock yourself in a diet/trng routine and forget about it and look back at old pics after a period of time and realise "hey i've improved this much."

if you keep checking your progress day after day, you won't be able to appreciate the improvements you have made and may end up frustrated.

its easy to get fantical over one thing, its difficult to lead a balance lifestyle and excel in many areas. :mrgreen:

jia you ok!

manyu882
Pro and hardcore

Post by manyu882 »

ryan,
train hard, eat more, sleep well.
sounds vague isnt it?
train hard -
the ultimate aim of human survival is get as much fat, have enough muscle to perform task.
so if you tell you body that you need to perform heavy task, muscle increases...

eat -
for your stage, eat what your mum cook will do. never starve yourself.

sleep - just sleep 7 - 9 hours a day..
POSB saving account no: 209-06968-7

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

manyu882 wrote:ryan,
sounds vague isnt it?
eat -
Appreciate your kindness and empathy. My maid is the one who cooks and buys the groceries, my mum doesn't.

manyu882
Pro and hardcore

Post by manyu882 »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:
sounds vague isnt it?
eat -
Appreciate your kindness and empathy. My maid is the one who cooks and buys the groceries, my mum doesn't.
ok, whoever cooks for u just eat la....

manyu882
Pro and hardcore

Post by manyu882 »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:
sounds vague isnt it?
eat -
ok, whoever cooks for u just eat la....