Diet related topics
inde
Gym? What's that?
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 3
No curling in the: curl rack

Singapore Bodybuilding <=> Cooking?

Post by inde »

Hi there fellows,
this is a remote request from a fellow strength enthusiast from Europe. I'm currently considering relocating to Singapore for a while (we'll see if that actually works out or not, but anyways). I've never been to Singapore and my Asia experience is basically Taiwan and mainland China.
So, since very few people there had their own kitchen and everyone just bought whatever they liked from the next food stand at the next corner, I figure it's gonna be hard to pull off a strict diet. However, I see that you're discussing things like Paleo and what not just as much as I would see it in a similar German forum.

My question basically is this: Do you cook for yourselves? Are kitchens more common in Singapore than I think they are or are you more like a privileged class that can afford this? I've tried looking at some ads for apartments but I'm not really sure which ones include kitchens. Does a HDB 3room include a kitchen or does it depend?
How many of you make this lifestyle work by carefully picking at the university cafeteria / the food stand at the next corner or whatever?

Thanks in advance and Greetings from the cold,
inde

Canuck eh
Pro and hardcore

Re: Singapore Bodybuilding <=> Cooking?

Post by Canuck eh »

Kitchens are not rare in Singapore (can't speak to the conditions and functionality of all of them), regular users of them may be though. If you want to cook for yourself, you will have that option

inde
Gym? What's that?
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 3

Post by inde »

so are you guys using them or are you maneuvering around it?

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0

Post by galapogos »

Most, if not all HDB flats have kitchens. But some landlords might not let you use it due to cleanliness concerns. Depends on your landlord too I guess.