Diet modifications when one is sick/having flu

Diet related topics
Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Diet modifications when one is sick/having flu

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

how should i change my diet when I'm sick/having a bad flu besides taking panadol flumax, drinkings lots of water and trying to get more rest ie. more protein, more carbs, less fat? any foods i should eat more/eat less of?

I'm currently working on these now but really really have difficulty sleeping so wondering if there's any food/supplement that i can take to facilitate sleep...besides sleeping pills and milk. Does fish oil aid recovery from sickness?

Really appreciate this. thanks in advance
:D

Bryan
MD, Team Biceps

Post by Bryan »

take lots of fruits man n fibre....when one is sick he got serious vit c n fibre problem...tts frm mty sexperience...Fish oil is anti inflammatory so i think so be useful....

Oo i think chiu need sodium intake too if nt wrg to replenish some electro in ur body

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

Bryan wrote:take lots of fruits man n fibre....when one is sick he got serious vit c n fibre problem...tts frm mty sexperience...Fish oil is anti inflammatory so i think so be useful....

Oo i think chiu need sodium intake too if nt wrg to replenish some electro in ur body
oh thanks...any kinds of fruits or must it be apples/oranges/bananas...the vitamin c can chioong redoxant tt kind?

for sodium, take table salt with water ah ? :oops:

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

when u get symptoms of flu, go high on Vit C and Zinc. Capsules, tablets or pills should work well.

Fibre wise, I don't know. Vegetables are good fibre I guess.

Sodium, can just add salt to your food lah.
"the more u sweat in training, the less u bleed in battle"
Click below for free tabata timer...
http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

Sufian wrote:when u get symptoms of flu, go high on Vit C and Zinc. Capsules, tablets or pills should work well.

Fibre wise, I don't know. Vegetables are good fibre I guess.

Sodium, can just add salt to your food lah.
thx sufian. haha my one is full blown flu i think...started having green mucus and all...even though i took the max of 8 panadol flumax tablets in 24 hrs and drank lots of water....wth...

btw do you guys eat eggs while having flu? I find that eggs and meat become quite hard to swallow when i have a blocked nose/flu....
:x

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

haha... if u are sick already, just eat whatever that u can stomach lah. If cannot eat egg, then don't. Just give your body what it craves lah.

BTW, I never take panadol at all, any kind. 4 years already. Unless I am given painkiller(paracetamol, or panadol) by doctor when I sent there because of bike accident or major injury. I don't know, I feel that given time, your body can recover on its own. No need for panadol.
"the more u sweat in training, the less u bleed in battle"
Click below for free tabata timer...
http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer

AhBen
15lb curler

Post by AhBen »

Worry/think less=lower levels of cortisol=faster recovery

Bryan
MD, Team Biceps

Post by Bryan »

As the chinese sae, fight poison with poison...SO eat up ur GREEN MUCUS!!!!!!

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Post by galapogos »

Bryan wrote:As the chinese sae, fight poison with poison...SO eat up ur GREEN MUCUS!!!!!!
sekali you become green like the hulk.

nakorius
Fat Bastard

Post by nakorius »

Panadol Flumax is a watered down version of Decolgen. (Panadol is VERY late in the formulation)

Get Decolgen from any pharmacy. It works much better.

Get well soon for 2009!
Nothing posted by this fat bastard should be taken seriously. SOME are for entertainment purposes only.

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

nakorius wrote:Panadol Flumax is a watered down version of Decolgen. (Panadol is VERY late in the formulation)

Get well soon for 2009!
thanks haha....wow :shock: didn't know theres such a thing...any idea how much it costs?

nakorius
Fat Bastard

Post by nakorius »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:
nakorius wrote:Panadol Flumax is a watered down version of Decolgen. (Panadol is VERY late in the formulation)

Get well soon for 2009!
thanks haha....wow :shock: didn't know theres such a thing...any idea how much it costs?
Should be the same or cheaper than Flumax.

They are placed in the same section.
Nothing posted by this fat bastard should be taken seriously. SOME are for entertainment purposes only.

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

nakorius wrote:
Ryan.carpediem wrote:

Get well soon for 2009!
Should be the same or cheaper than Flumax.

They are placed in the same section.
Does it cause drowsiness? LOL the package of flumax states "non-drowsy" but i seem to feel very tired after taking the medicine... :?

planning to countdown later so have to time when i take the pills...haix

nakorius
Fat Bastard

Post by nakorius »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:Does it cause drowsiness? LOL the package of flumax states "non-drowsy" but i seem to feel very tired after taking the medicine... :?

planning to countdown later so have to time when i take the pills...haix
Honestly, I don't recall.

You could check before buying.

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

count simi down, countdown with me here on the forum lah.

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

I found this stuff while doing a search online on the contraindications of Decolgen...dunno what to make of this.... :?

http://www.phenylpropanolamine-ppa.com/

Though they've been removed from the local pharmacies months ago, in case you still have them in your first aid box at home, please discard them
immediately. I heard that Decolgen has already been banned. You couldn't find them in all pharmacies. It's due to the same problem (i.e. bleeding in the brain for women). Confirmed that this is true and Singapore government is taking action.

Please read and copy this notice to the people you love. This is not a matter to be taken lightly. Stop taking anything containing the ingredient
Phenylpropanolamine. It has been linked to increased hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in brain) among women ages 18-49 in the three days after starting use of medication. Problems were not found in men, but the FDA has recommended that everyone (even children) seek alternative medicines. Having taken a few of this medicine at one time or another, I called CVS to see if there was any truth to this e-mail. They said that it was so, and if have any of these products at home, I should stop using them. CVS has removed all products containing this chemical from their shelves.

nakorius
Fat Bastard

Post by nakorius »

That was back in 2000.

It is no longer in Decolgen. Decolgen basically has the same ingredients in Flumax but with a higher dose in the active ingredient minus caffeine.