Re: June 5

Post by Twxian »

short workouts are always preferred.... :oops: at a high intensity of cos

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

ElliottChow wrote:Good job guys, i think we really do need to think abt makibg
our workouts 12 to 15 minutes. If we finish the thing , in 6 to 8 minutes i do question if its worth our time to get there, lug all the equipment out and put it back in for that short amnt of time
NB:
2) skill work 10mins:
forward/shoulder rolls or cartwheels
3) explosive work 10mins:
LB: sprints 50m
UB: tall stance MB throws

You missed out on this extra 20mins of workout! If you really want to feel what it's like to do an extended high intensity training session, go run 20km in 70mins, then come back and tell me it wasn't hard... :P

In a similar vein, it's easy for me to program a long workout... 500 burpees. Bored yet?

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

galapogos wrote:I think the issue is keeping the intensity high. If our workouts last >10mins, intensity would drop unless we get really creative with exercise selection, rep ranges, etc to make ensure sufficient recovery among exercises. And that would limit our choices.
Right; apart from Sufian, it's obvious most of us are not ready to do longer workouts with the right level of intensity yet.

And despite Sufian's generosity not just in equipment but also his personal time, we don't have unlimited equipment (only 1 tire, 1 prowler) so we just have to make do the best we can.