Food poisoning and immune system

The forum that sees the most traffic
Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Food poisoning and immune system

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

I'm sure you guys know of the elderly woman who fell into a coma aft eating rojak from the stall in geylang. Apparently a smalll percentage of people do die from food poisoning. Read in the papers that eggs, dairy products and red meat are also more vulnerable to contamination when exposed.
Symptoms may manifest only after a few days

How do you guys prevent this from happening? Any tips on preserving the food/ preventing food poisoning besides the usual like washing hands before handling food etc?

I often have to leave my beef/eggs/chicken/broccoli in the container till late afternoon or evening.

Weib
Pro and hardcore
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Re: Food poisoning and immune system

Post by Weib »

don't know don't care.
I chow down on my chicken after work out without washing hand.
Working "hard," or the perception of working hard, doesn't really mean anything. Sweating, vomiting, and breathing hard could be a good workout or a tropical disease kicking in.-Dan John

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

If u are worried, just eat food fresh from the oven. Have to bring the oven around though...
"the more u sweat in training, the less u bleed in battle"
Click below for free tabata timer...
http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer

lips
CEO, Team Biceps

Post by lips »

Looking at all of us, i think what we are doing now won't kill us. aha
Score Fitness with Kevin.
http://kevinchia.sg/

Twxian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Twxian »

ang zang chi ang zang da .... :naughty:

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

Twxian wrote:ang zang chi ang zang da .... :naughty:
chiu forgot to translate for the few kantangs we have here... :dance:

alex
15lb curler

Post by alex »

I dont think you expose your food out in the open for hours on end right? :roll:

notle
I love the leg extension machine!

Post by notle »

i strongly believe someone sabotaged the food........the scale of the attack and the severity seems unprecedented.

the autopsy will reveal more... :vom:

M.Hunter
Pro and hardcore

Post by M.Hunter »

galapogos wrote:
Oh ok!

La sump jia la sump dua.
bui bui, dua dua jia.
go stun go stun long dio pia.
Squats can only strengthen, tear or break something. Strengthening, tearing and breaking is totally awesome. Thus squats are awesome.

vicvic
Pro and hardcore

Post by vicvic »

when it's time to die, it's time to die.

don't think so much

Steph_Parker
Pro and hardcore

Post by Steph_Parker »

galapogos wrote:
i think i get this.
smth like... eat dirty still grow up wot... smth along that line?
Beauty may only be skin deep, but lethal is to the bone.

nimrod69
I smith quarter squat 5 plates a side!

Post by nimrod69 »

tragedy le ...happy happy eat rojak oso can die ....muz go for Organic Rojak liao :bear:

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

vicvic wrote:when it's time to die, it's time to die.

don't think so much
Sorry I don't buy that. If like tt, might as well shit finish don't wash hands la, use your hands to wipe the butt, then go eat with your bare hands. No right?

I've suffered from food poisoning a few times before; each time it's a horrible experience. I hope to avoid a repeat. neither do I want my family members or friends to kena.
Last edited by Ryan.carpediem on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryan
MD, Team Biceps

Post by Bryan »

we can only try to prevent and take precaution....but if its gonna happen den v suay...

juz like riding a bike...u can b a v safe rider but some idiot will cause ur death

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

Bryan wrote:we can only try to prevent and take precaution....but if its gonna happen den v suay...

juz like riding a bike...u can b a v safe rider but some idiot will cause ur death
I agree with you Bryan :)

tt's why i ask how to prevent or at least minimize the chances of getting food poisoning lo...like eg. i heard eating garlic and ginger helps to kill germs and stuff?

vicvic
Pro and hardcore

Post by vicvic »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:
vicvic wrote:when it's time to die, it's time to die.

don't think so much
Sorry I don't buy that. If like tt, might as well shit finish don't wash hands la, use your hands to wipe the butt, then go eat with your bare hands. No right?

I've suffered from food poisoning a few times before; each time it's a horrible experience. I hope to avoid a repeat. neither do I want my family members or friends to kena.
then that's your take :)

aaron
15lb curler

Post by aaron »

lol garlic wards off the vampires i know.

you're overthinking again brother. food poisoning a few times, you're eighteen this year, how many times poisoning? if got five times, you might as well think how to strike toto and 4D. if ten times, you can choose either one. if eighteen or more times, aiya then i think you bring your oven everywhere la lol.

AhBen
15lb curler

Post by AhBen »

aaron wrote:
you're overthinking again brother. food poisoning a few times, you're eighteen this year, how many times poisoning? if got five times, you might as well think how to strike toto and 4D. if ten times, you can choose either one. if eighteen or more times, aiya then i think you bring your oven everywhere la lol.
Classic. :lol:

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

aaron wrote:lol garlic wards off the vampires i know.

3-4.if you injure yourself or break your leg once, you won't want to go through tt again right.
once is more than enough.

alex
15lb curler

Post by alex »

no need to bring oven, just bring a magnifying glass, hope that the sun emits strong enough solar rays, hot enough, then focus the magnifying glass on leaves until got fire then can reheat food.

kacie
Pro and hardcore

Post by kacie »

your answer is in your underlined sentence.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.—Thomas A. Edison

Toil to make yourself remarkable by some talent or other.—Seneca

notle
I love the leg extension machine!

Post by notle »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:
aaron wrote:lol garlic wards off the vampires i know.

3-4.if you injure yourself or break your leg once, you won't want to go through tt again right.
once is more than enough.
some things not in ur control mah, worry oso no use.

well if you are really anal about it, take some apple cider vinegar or hcl with your food lo. no bacteria or pathogen can survive a highly acidic condition, thats why the digestive tract is 70% of the body's total immune system.....

interestingly being too clean is probably one reason why pple fall sick easily,i nvr wash hand b4 eating one :oops: everytime i go overseas eat roadside food esp those more backwards nations 7 out of 10 time sure kanna 1.

h
Pro and hardcore

Post by h »

hm, totally unrelated, but...

I have a question on
"when it's time to die, it's time to die"
if you get sick/injured, do you go see a doctor?
I'm not saying you can't go see a doctor if you carry that attitude... but then it sounds like "when it's time to die, it's time to die............ but not yet"

on food poisoning:
if you want to minimize the risk, then i believe you just need to get food from trusted, quality, source.
prudens quaestio dimidium scientiae...

cheat_curls
15lb curler

Post by cheat_curls »

if you are that paranoid about eating meat, why not try mock meat instead? probably doesn't harbor harmful bacteria so easily

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

cheat_curls wrote:if you are that paranoid about eating meat, why not try mock meat instead? probably doesn't harbor harmful bacteria so easily
No wonder Louis never falls sick! :shock:

KEVIN LIM
Mr T

Post by KEVIN LIM »

Ok ok, as a coach I get this same question all the time from my athletes.
Athlete : Coach how do I know if the food is safe? Is my Immune system strong enough?

And my answer to them is simple. Use the 3 simple steps listed below to check. You can't go wrong, I mean its proven and tested.

To check if your immune system is strong enough, just follow the following steps.
1. Rub the food that you are supposed to eat evenly on the dick head (make sure head is fully exposed by pulling the foreskin back)
2. If step 1 showed no reaction, soak the dick in the food overnight ( can be purchased from www.crossfitsg.wordpress.com)
3. If step 2 showed no reaction, finish up the food that you used to soak your dick just to be sure.

Good Luck and best regards
Coach Kevin
Constant Variant, Functional Movements executed at high intensity eliciting in an increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains........
The sceince is in the Programme, the magic is in the Movements

M.Hunter
Pro and hardcore

Post by M.Hunter »

KEVIN LIM wrote:Ok ok, as a coach I get this same question all the time from my athletes.
Athlete : Coach how do I know if the food is safe? Is my Immune system strong enough?

And my answer to them is simple. Use the 3 simple steps listed below to check. You can't go wrong, I mean its proven and tested.

To check if your immune system is strong enough, just follow the following steps.
1. Rub the food that you are supposed to eat evenly on the dick head (make sure head is fully exposed by pulling the foreskin back)
2. If step 1 showed no reaction, soak the dick in the food overnight ( can be purchased from http://www.crossfitsg.wordpress.com)
3. If step 2 showed no reaction, finish up the food that you used to soak your dick just to be sure.

Coach Kevin
If there's A LOTTT of meats how do u spread evenly over the dick head?
Squats can only strengthen, tear or break something. Strengthening, tearing and breaking is totally awesome. Thus squats are awesome.

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

KEVIN LIM wrote:Ok ok, as a coach I get this same question all the time from my athletes.

2. If step 1 showed no reaction, soak the dick in the food overnight ( can be purchased from http://www.crossfitsg.wordpress.com)

Coach Kevin
you should start making a tshirt with this 3 step method :tonqe:

KEVIN LIM
Mr T

Post by KEVIN LIM »

M.Hunter wrote:

Coach Kevin
If there's A LOTTT of meats how do u spread evenly over the dick head?

Coach : Dear M Hunter,
so far the most effective way is first blend the meat into mince meat thus making the job easier. Hope I answered your question.
Best of Luck
Coach Kevin
Constant Variant, Functional Movements executed at high intensity eliciting in an increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains........

KEVIN LIM
Mr T

Post by KEVIN LIM »

galapogos wrote:

Coach Kevin
you should start making a tshirt with this 3 step method :tonqe:

Coach : Dear Goi,
Thanks for the great suggestion. We'll definietly look into this but the only consideration would be the cost the T-shirt which will amount to $125.37 per shirt because of the amount of words to be used.

Thanks and regards
Coach Kevin