The forum that sees the most traffic
alex
15lb curler
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Tetanus and the gym

Post by alex »

Eh guys,

Sometimes the weights in the gym are rusty.One day, i am afraid that it might cut my skin and i kenna tetanus.So what should i do to reduce the chances of getting it?

Tetanus can be prevented by vaccination.[5] The CDC recommends that adults receive a booster vaccine every ten years, and standard care practice in many places is to give the booster to any patient with a puncture wound who is uncertain of when he or she was last vaccinated, or if he or she has had fewer than 3 lifetime doses of the vaccine. The booster cannot prevent a potentially fatal case of tetanus from the current wound, however, as it can take up to two weeks for tetanus antibodies to form.

Shit, i do not know if i am vaccinated or not, should i still go to the gym? So how do you reduce the chances of getting tetanus before going to the gym? Or should i use a file and file off the rust before using the weights?

The last i want is to be locked in this position when i am bench pressing.

They say if kenna got locked jaw also, that means i cannot eat.Will that affect my gains?

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Re: Tetanus and the gym

Post by galapogos »

+1

Bryan
MD, Team Biceps

Post by Bryan »

+2 bu hao xiao de....

lips
CEO, Team Biceps

Post by lips »

+3

try something very original like kevin lim.
Score Fitness with Kevin.
http://kevinchia.sg/

KEVIN LIM
Mr T

Post by KEVIN LIM »

+4

To check if you are vacinated just follow the following steps.
1. Rub the rust evenly on the dick head (make sure head is fully exposed by pulling the foreskin back)
2. If step 1 showed no reaction, soak the dick in rust concerntrated solution overnight ( can be purchased from www.crossfitsg.wordpress.com)
3. If step 2 showed no reaction, drink up the solution you used to soak your dick just to be sure.

Good Luck
Constant Variant, Functional Movements executed at high intensity eliciting in an increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains........
The sceince is in the Programme, the magic is in the Movements

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

nabe.. kevin's post sounds a bit too familiar...
"the more u sweat in training, the less u bleed in battle"
Click below for free tabata timer...
http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer

M.Hunter
Pro and hardcore

Post by M.Hunter »

Lol dont laugh leh.. When i first used my school's gym back then, they used the bar where you hafta screw the collar in. I got a metal splinter stucked in my finger after touching the spiral end of the bar.. :oops: Ok offtopic.. It's not rust..
Squats can only strengthen, tear or break something. Strengthening, tearing and breaking is totally awesome. Thus squats are awesome.

keithzhoulw
I smith quarter squat 5 plates a side!
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 3

Post by keithzhoulw »

a hbait of mine, i always wash my hand with soap int he tilet before going home
New website http://www.thesupplementboutique.com - Supplement will not burn a hole in your pocket again

i-herb code discount code : LIH793 ( US$5 off any purchase )

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

M.Hunter wrote:Lol dont laugh leh.. When i first used my school's gym back then, they used the bar where you hafta screw the collar in. I got a metal splinter stucked in my finger after touching the spiral end of the bar.. :oops: Ok offtopic.. It's not rust..
better read up, tetanus isn't strictly about rust...

Again, quoting wiki for a non-scientific explanation:
"Tetanus is often associated with rust, especially rusty nails, but this concept is somewhat misleading. Objects that accumulate rust are often found outdoors, or in places that harbour anaerobic bacteria, but the rust itself does not cause tetanus nor does it contain more C. tetani bacteria. The rough surface of rusty metal merely provides a prime habitat for a C. tetani endospore to reside, and the nail affords a means to puncture skin and deliver endospore into the wound. An endospore is a non-metabolising survival structure that begins to metabolise and cause infection once in an adequate environment. Because C. tetani is an anaerobic bacterium, it and its endospores will thrive in an environment that lacks oxygen. Hence, stepping on a nail (rusty or not) may result in a tetanus infection, as the low-oxygen (anaerobic) environment of a puncture wound provides the bacteria with an ideal breeding ground."

h
Pro and hardcore

Post by h »

alex wrote: The last i want is to be locked in this position when i am bench pressing.
but dude, that's the bench set up.
ok, maybe lower the butt
prudens quaestio dimidium scientiae...

M.Hunter
Pro and hardcore

Post by M.Hunter »

xarope wrote:
M.Hunter wrote:Lol dont laugh leh.. When i first used my school's gym back then, they used the bar where you hafta screw the collar in. I got a metal splinter stucked in my finger after touching the spiral end of the bar.. :oops: Ok offtopic.. It's not rust..
better read up, tetanus isn't strictly about rust...

Again, quoting wiki for a non-scientific explanation:
"Tetanus is often associated with rust, especially rusty nails, but this concept is somewhat misleading. Objects that accumulate rust are often found outdoors, or in places that harbour anaerobic bacteria, but the rust itself does not cause tetanus nor does it contain more C. tetani bacteria. The rough surface of rusty metal merely provides a prime habitat for a C. tetani endospore to reside, and the nail affords a means to puncture skin and deliver endospore into the wound. An endospore is a non-metabolising survival structure that begins to metabolise and cause infection once in an adequate environment. Because C. tetani is an anaerobic bacterium, it and its endospores will thrive in an environment that lacks oxygen. Hence, stepping on a nail (rusty or not) may result in a tetanus infection, as the low-oxygen (anaerobic) environment of a puncture wound provides the bacteria with an ideal breeding ground."

woah good stuff. thanks!
Squats can only strengthen, tear or break something. Strengthening, tearing and breaking is totally awesome. Thus squats are awesome.

kacie
Pro and hardcore

Post by kacie »

alex always provides the laughs. i dubbed thee 'the afternoon jester'.
entertainment during the lazy office hours.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.—Thomas A. Edison

Toil to make yourself remarkable by some talent or other.—Seneca

nakorius
Fat Bastard

Post by nakorius »

:text-+1:
Nothing posted by this fat bastard should be taken seriously. SOME are for entertainment purposes only.

KEVIN LIM
Mr T

Post by KEVIN LIM »

Sufian wrote:nabe.. kevin's post sounds a bit too familiar...

Hahahaha Izzit?????
Constant Variant, Functional Movements executed at high intensity eliciting in an increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains........
The sceince is in the Programme, the magic is in the Movements

cheat_curls
15lb curler

Post by cheat_curls »

alex wrote: The last i want is to be locked in this position when i am bench pressing.
Then don't bench press, just carry bucket, then later u can walk around with flared lats and exhibit napoleon complex