Girls..

The forum that sees the most traffic
M.Hunter
Pro and hardcore
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Girls..

Post by M.Hunter »

Many that i know, think that you can just eat little and run long distance to lose weight (not fat). And i always know that hiit, weightlifting beat long distance running for fatloss, hands down, but for overall weight loss, im not sure what's better. Ok maybe i dont know enough.

A female friend whom i've been telling her that things like tabata and sprints are better, has a friend that was once really fat and lost her weight from the typical eat less and run more way. I've seen that friend before, she looks like any normal sized girl, not too skinny, skinnyfat or not i cant really see. And now my friend thinks that what i've been saying is not really useful since you can just LISS your way out to weight loss, of course, it's also the easier way out, 30mins jog versus killer sprints.

Worse is, guys around me think this way too. One guy i know will be doing just that eat less and run thingy too.

Now, why the hell did that fat girl lose her weight in the 1st place? Looks like weightloss is more important to most girls than fatloss.
Squats can only strengthen, tear or break something. Strengthening, tearing and breaking is totally awesome. Thus squats are awesome.

alex
15lb curler

Re: Girls..

Post by alex »

Sometimes, i attribute it to the female magazines...

Canuck eh
Pro and hardcore

Post by Canuck eh »

If you are stationary and virtually inactive most of the time, any commitment to an exercise regime will yield results...

Fat vs. weightloss, no differentiation is made because it is an aesthetic/appearance goal typically without a concern as to how to achieve that. I want to be thinner/be x kg/lb lighter/fit into a size 0 are goals irregardless of what you lose.

People also typically have a preconceived notion of what that entails, either through media programming or friends, as well as the type of effort they are willing to put in. It is rarely a lifestyle oriented choice, rather for events (wedding, vacation) or as reactions to binges, letting themselves go or whatever else.

Lastly, blame the human body for being so adaptable to different stresses or lack thereof that it has many ways to compensate...
Last edited by Canuck eh on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hermanchauw
Barbells are my friends

Post by hermanchauw »

They are physique-first fitness. The HIIT crowd is performance-first fitness.

Since they are not looking for performance, f*** care about high intensity.

Steph_Parker
Pro and hardcore

Post by Steph_Parker »

M.Hunter wrote:Many that i know, think that you can just eat little and run long distance to lose weight (not fat). And i always know that hiit, weightlifting beat long distance running for fatloss, hands down, but for overall weight loss, im not sure what's better. Ok maybe i dont know enough.

A female friend whom i've been telling her that things like tabata and sprints are better, has a friend that was once really fat and lost her weight from the typical eat less and run more way. I've seen that friend before, she looks like any normal sized girl, not too skinny, skinnyfat or not i cant really see. And now my friend thinks that what i've been saying is not really useful since you can just LISS your way out to weight loss, of course, it's also the easier way out, 30mins jog versus killer sprints.

Worse is, guys around me think this way too. One guy i know will be doing just that eat less and run thingy too.

Now, why the hell did that fat girl lose her weight in the 1st place? Looks like weightloss is more important to most girls than fatloss.
so those who ate v lil and run alot....did they look slimmer after that since they lost weight and not fat....
anyway, girls are just girls...
even though i like to say "weight/age is just but a number"...it still matter afterall, to me, personally.
only people who truly understand that "physical appearance is more important than how much you weigh" will not go "wah, %% kg ah, so heavy ah"
to girls(or general public), anything more than 50/55kg is usually considered "fat."
Beauty may only be skin deep, but lethal is to the bone.

M.Hunter
Pro and hardcore

Post by M.Hunter »

I'm not sure why, but sometimes it seems that the eat less and run more shot does work. I guess it's just akin to beginner gains..
Squats can only strengthen, tear or break something. Strengthening, tearing and breaking is totally awesome. Thus squats are awesome.

lips
CEO, Team Biceps

Post by lips »

They have some muscle mass to lose mah. So will drop a lot in number.

IF hormones is not in good balance and muscle mass is not much already, they will realised they will get pain knee/ankle before even losing any substantial weight.

How many people get from fat to thin through restricted intake and run a lot? there's many, but there's many more who failed.

like some of my pui pui clients tell me.

BB: i see my friend lunch time eat plain white bee hoon soup can lose a lot of weight leh
me: morning and night etc leh?
BB: he anyhow eat a little, only control lunch
me: like that you confirm cannot lose coz you blahblahblah and he blahblahblah
BB: yar i know..
me: how you know?
BB: Coz i tried and gained 3kg instead.

/me facepalm.

when you are desperate, you will try any method that work for anyone and then regret later.
Score Fitness with Kevin.
http://kevinchia.sg/