Job enquiries

The forum that sees the most traffic
Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Job enquiries

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

Finished my Alevels today. Have not seen you guys in a long time. Hope we can catch up soon.

I'm planning to teach tuition; prob the best way to earn. Anyone got any lobang? : )

Thanks in advance

Ryan

alex
15lb curler
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Re: Job enquiries

Post by alex »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:I'm planning to teach tuition; prob the best way to earn.
It depends, as you know many parents here would probably equate teaching skills with education level. As such, they might pay less for your tution services.

My cousin who is a uni grad(honors) used to complain to me that many parents are somewhat stingy and bargain hunt a lot for tuition.

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

alex wrote:
Ryan.carpediem wrote:I'm planning to teach tuition; prob the best way to earn.
It depends, as you know many parents here would probably equate teaching skills with education level. As such, they might pay less for your tution services.

My cousin who is a uni grad(honors) used to complain to me that many parents are somewhat stingy and bargain hunt a lot for tuition.
true. i'm expecting at least $30/ hr. any idea what's the minimum and market rate? : )

Ryan

lips
CEO, Team Biceps

Post by lips »

$25/session 90minutes, need to travel, pri school

good luck
Score Fitness with Kevin.
http://kevinchia.sg/

lips
CEO, Team Biceps

Post by lips »

$25/session 90minutes, need to travel, pri school

good luck
Score Fitness with Kevin.
http://kevinchia.sg/

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

u have the contact?

peter
I smith quarter squat 5 plates a side!
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 3
No curling in the: curl rack

Post by peter »

$30 per hour for an A level tutor without your A levels results would be rather difficult, typically you only find such rates at your education level if you're tutoring either upper secondary or tertiary students.

If your English and General Paper both are very good, you can try marketing yourself someone specializing in these subjects, its a lot easier to command a higher rate for them. My previous experience was about $35 to $50 per hour for tutoring GP to my past JC students, and about $25 - $30 per hour for tutoring English to secondary level students. Oh btw parents now are even more cheapskate thanks to the recession, so it'll be tough getting near $30 :)