maximum cans of sardine a day

Diet related topics
Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

maximum cans of sardine a day

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

As above. How many can I consume? They seem like a great portable,palatable and affordable source of everyday protein.
$1.80 for 225g can with 30g protein.
If it's ok, I'll eat 2-3 cans a day.

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Re: maximum cans of sardine a day

Post by galapogos »

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

salmon, 1 can of tuna and 1 can of sardine everyday. Prob will cause mercury poisoning for me since 225g of sardine x7 = ~49 ounces is already 40% of the EHA limit.

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

sardine by itself taste like shit.
Working "hard," or the perception of working hard, doesn't really mean anything. Sweating, vomiting, and breathing hard could be a good workout or a tropical disease kicking in.-Dan John

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

obviously u are lying.

Sardines are the best testing fish in a can. Much better tasting than tuna by itself. Trust me, I am hardcore on these stuffs. Louis is mentally weak when it comes to food. Haha.
"the more u sweat in training, the less u bleed in battle"
Click below for free tabata timer...
http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

yesh, my taste buds has not died and i'm a foodie at heart.
Working "hard," or the perception of working hard, doesn't really mean anything. Sweating, vomiting, and breathing hard could be a good workout or a tropical disease kicking in.-Dan John

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

Sufian wrote:obviously u are lying.

Sardines are the best testing fish in a can. Much better tasting than tuna by itself. Trust me, I am hardcore on these stuffs. Louis is mentally weak when it comes to food. Haha.
They're ok to me, except tt they leave a horrible smell in your mouth after. Ditto for Tuna.

How many cans of sardine and tuna do you recommend i eat a day Sufian?

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

i have no fixed number. I have eaten 7 cans of tuna (with light mayo) per day for 3 consecutive days during camp last year. Nothing funky showed up in the preceeding blood test.

Everyone is different. Heck, if ur mum can afford the grass fed beef, why even think of tuna?

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

Sufian wrote:i have no fixed number. I have eaten 7 cans of tuna (with light mayo) per day for 3 consecutive days during camp last year. Nothing funky showed up in the preceeding blood test.

Everyone is different. Heck, if ur mum can afford the grass fed beef, why even think of tuna?
I hope to reach at least 1.25kg or even 1.5kg of meat a day. currently I think I'm eating prob around 800g or 1kg only.
Even if we can afford grass fed beef, I can't possibly be eating it everyday. $17 per kg per week. roughly 200g a day.

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

Mercury and other pollutants accumulate over years. You don't just get it from chugging tuna 3 days in a row. You can do that once in a while but long term wise I would definitely not recommend it. And choose red tuna over white if you're eating a lot of tuna.

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

my sentiments exactly, Goi.

I would not recommend cans and cans of tuna everyday. But, it sure is an easy way to bring your food. Cheap even.

And, dont get freaking obsessed with xx amount of meat per day please.

Train hard, eat hard. REst hard. Dont think too much.

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

galapogos wrote:Mercury and other pollutants accumulate over years. You don't just get it from chugging tuna 3 days in a row. You can do that once in a while but long term wise I would definitely not recommend it. And choose red tuna over white if you're eating a lot of tuna.
What's red tuna? hm. I think I shall go for 4-5 cans a week in that case. Alt sardine and salmon.

Just used the advanced calculator on the website. with 4 cans of tuna, 4 x230g of salmon, and 5 cans of sardine each week, my mercury DHA lvl is 220% of the maximum.

Shit.

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

if so troublesome, then just eat chicken la.

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

Sufian wrote:my sentiments exactly, Goi.

I would not recommend cans and cans of tuna everyday. But, it sure is an easy way to bring your food. Cheap even.

And, dont get freaking obsessed with xx amount of meat per day please.

Well, if he's following Coach Jon's advice and he asks him to eat xx amount of meat per day, then I suggest he do it, and ignore everything else we say. Because too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth...

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

actually i'm curious 1.5kg of meat seems rather vague - 1.5 of ribeye vs lean chicken the caloric and micronutrients seems off by alot.

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

Weib wrote:actually i'm curious 1.5kg of meat seems rather vague - 1.5 of ribeye vs lean chicken the caloric and micronutrients seems off by alot.
How so? JW actually told me i can sub some of the meat with eggs but they are inferior as meat is absorbed slower. However, he said almonds and shakes are out as substitutes. :(

AhBen
15lb curler

Post by AhBen »

Sufian wrote:
We said this so so many many times liao... :lol:

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

I think you should ask JW whats the caloric requirement and micro nutrient break down to be precise.
TBH its going to be disastrous with such vague recommendation.

If you do the math 1.5kg of ribeye is like 3000 calories, while 1.5kg of lean chicken is 2475, tuna will be 1736 and eggs will be 2327.

as you can see the vast difference is caloric intake notwithstanding the micro nutrients, if you're 85kg then the rib eye will be your maintenance, the lean chicken and eggs with be moderate deficit and tuna will be rapid fat loss protocol.

Since you know you're not a newbie in nutrition, i believe you should get a exact figure and stick to it.

aaron
15lb curler

Post by aaron »

louis why dont you just let ryan do it, i think he has enough questions without you actually providing him with more like wth lol.

ryan, chicken makes you weak lol if you can just eat beef or whatever you can get. eat and rest and stop thinking lol.

Ryan.carpediem
15lb curler

Post by Ryan.carpediem »

aaron wrote:louis why dont you just let ryan do it, i think he has enough questions without you actually providing him with more like wth lol.

ryan, chicken makes you weak lol
louis: asked him about it he said just vary the meat, he said all tuna is bad but sardine is ok as it's small fish. 1.5kg is supposed to be guide i think,JW: "you won't die if u eat 1.4kg, 1.6kg but if u eat 0.5kg u are sucking " :shock:

aaron: why does chicken make one weak?
Last edited by Ryan.carpediem on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:
aaron wrote:louis why dont you just let ryan do it, i think he has enough questions without you actually providing him with more like wth lol.

ryan, chicken makes you weak lol
louis: asked him about it he said just vary the meat, he said all tuna is bad but sardine is ok as it's small fish. 1.5kg is supposed to be guide i think, "you won't die if u eat 1.4kg, 1.6kg but if u eat 0.5kg u are sucking" :shock:

aaron: why does chicken make one weak?
i'm definitely sucking then :(

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

Ryan.carpediem wrote:louis: asked him about it he said just vary the meat, he said all tuna is bad but sardine is ok as it's small fish. 1.5kg is supposed to be guide i think, "you won't die if u eat 1.4kg, 1.6kg but if u eat 0.5kg u are sucking" :shock:
Then I sux big time too, since i barely eat more than 400-600gm of meat a day (e.g. yesterday had a chicken chop for lunch, and rib eye for dinner, so probably 400-500gm).

I think this whole 1.5kg of meat a day is completely blown out of proportion, as is the carb intolerence issue. If you are drastically overweight or have high BF%, it's because you eat too much and most of it junk, and don't workout hard enough. You guys are young and healthy, yet your entire week's workouts barely constitute a morning's work for the whole week, if you were a farmer, steel worker etc.

Westside protocol advocates ME days followed by 2 sets of max reps (or at least 15-20)... I don't know why you guys can complain about high reps, might as well stop walking then, your legs might shrink with all those "high reps".

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

xarope wrote:I don't know why you guys can complain about high reps
Coz I suck at high reps :(

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

west side isn't really big on body comp lol
again i'll advise to get the exact micro nutrient break down/caloric limit

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

Weib wrote:west side isn't really big on body comp lol
again i'll advise to get the exact micro nutrient break down/caloric limit
I'm talking about people throwing around heavy weights, who advocate both low and high reps, whereas a lot of the young guys on this forum seem to fixate on only doing low reps.

You, too, suffer(ed?) from a work capacity issue.

My semi-rant on that topic had nothing to do with body comp, although if you have the work capacity (which most don't), then body comp is strictly then about diet.

Weib
Pro and hardcore

Post by Weib »

well it does affect some how, higher intensity would require a certain amount of glycogen to keep he intensity up but you need to train towards expanding your lactic threshold limit and psychological barrier of the pain that entails with pushing the threshold.

i won't say good or bad but rather what is the ultimate goal, but i'll always believe if you train for performance your body comp will be the byproduct rather than the emphasis as oppose to bodybuilding.

AhBen
15lb curler

Post by AhBen »

Westside does not neglect high reps and conditioning. That's why there is a focus on RE work and sled pulling for GPP as well.

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

I have trouble using up my work capacity. Serious. I think i started too much too soon. Body adapted too early.

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps

Post by galapogos »

Sufian wrote:I have trouble using up my work capacity. Serious. I think i started too much too soon. Body adapted too early.
Then lift heavier.

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

I dont think I lift that light to begin with.