8 rounds front plank
4 rounds side bridge alternate each side
50 bicycle

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Re: Sep 12

Post by Sufian »

Phing, I am not that fast bro... mine was 6:46 min

On a side note, I think doing the 300 is giving me a boost on my cycling. Dont know why.. but the ride home was only 24mins, compared to the 33mins on the way to toa payoh... with an average of 40 on most flats, top speed of 58kmph on one of the flats after a descent, and an average of 30kmph on the climbs.

Maybe 300 should be done before every group ride, so that i can pull the rest of my friends throughout. Maybe it was the core finisher. what do u think? Any similar experience Phing or Keith?
"the more u sweat in training, the less u bleed in battle"
Click below for free tabata timer...
http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

OK 6 seconds slower (!!!).

Hmm, not sure, Sufian. Maybe you got hyped up for the trip home?

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

Maybe I was trying to reach home before dark since i was wearing shades...

but i think i will try it again tomorrow.

Canuck eh
Pro and hardcore

Post by Canuck eh »

speed difference, is it in terms of perceived effort to attain the higher speeds or is it simply coming one way is into a headwind and slightly uphill and the return trip is the opposite? If it is in terms of perceived effort, I don't really have an answer.

On a side note, I've never averaged 40kph on trips or 30kph climbs (those are virtually pro speeds, though mind you for much longer distances and climbs). IIRC my last long ride I took (~80k with a couple of 8% climbs and some rolling hills) was averaged 28-29kph. That you're a full 15kg lighter than my riding weight in those days I'm sure helps a little in terms of power/weight though that is typically a non-issue on flats...

Ketua
I just wanna train my chest and arms
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 3
No curling in the: curl rack

Post by Ketua »

Sorry for not being able to join you guys for the WOD

But, in the name of Spartans' spirit, I attempted on my own.

The result is, ... didn't complete. :(

Too weak to do all the ring-dip. May be have not been doing downwards-push for 2 weeks (incl 1 week flu).

Otherwise, I did everything else (and a bit more), including the finisher.
Uncle 当自强!

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

Canuck eh wrote:On a side note, I've never averaged 40kph on trips or 30kph climbs (those are virtually pro speeds, though mind you for much longer distances and climbs). IIRC my last long ride I took (~80k with a couple of 8% climbs and some rolling hills) was averaged 28-29kph. That you're a full 15kg lighter than my riding weight in those days I'm sure helps a little in terms of power/weight though that is typically a non-issue on flats...
I've always been able to ride faster in singapore (albeit at 2am in the morning, pesky traffic lights) than in OZ; it's the lack of wind, and the generally better roads.

[edit] then /= than, sigh... must be reading too much singlish [/edit]
Last edited by xarope on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

Ketua wrote:Sorry for not being able to join you guys for the WOD

But, in the name of Spartans' spirit, I attempted on my own.

The result is, ... didn't complete. :(

Too weak to do all the ring-dip. May be have not been doing downwards-push for 2 weeks (incl 1 week flu).

Otherwise, I did everything else (and a bit more), including the finisher.
Good job, Bruce. Never mind about the DNF, more importantly you tried.

Should've seen Goi's last few ring dips, talk about floppy fish... :P

galapogos
GM, Team Biceps
Enter the middle number in the list(3): 0
No curling in the: curl rack

Post by galapogos »

Guilty as charged.

In my defense, I haven't done any upper body push for a long time. The closest being 2 push press workouts the last 2 weeks!

xarope
Pro and hardcore

Post by xarope »

My pullups were abysmall, couldn't chain together more than 6 at a time; and it was all grip issues. Doing pullups after snatch is not a good thing.

FYI for others reading, due to lack of equipment, I went with dips->snatch->pullups-<lunges to try to avoid clashing with Goi; whilst Sufian the speed demon waited till we were done with the first round of 21 reps, then blitzed past us in a blaze of smoke.

Canuck eh
Pro and hardcore

Post by Canuck eh »

I'll pass on doing this on my own, lats are a little sore from doing BW+E pull-ups while waiting at HKG on Saturday morning.

Will get back to the gym today to see where I'll reset to before getting back into the full 5/3/1 swing of things next week.

Sufian
Pro and hardcore

Post by Sufian »

The round island trip (160km) with my group of guys, we average 32kmph. But, honestly when pulling in front, each one of us maintained 36 to 38kmph.

I am certainly no pro in cycling, I have seen riders blitzing past me whenever i ride. On my Tuesday and Thursday training rides in a peloton, the front people try to maintain 38kmph to 42kmph. Dependent on who is in front lah.. For me, I can maintain 38 no problem, but can only last less than a kilometre when trying to maintain 41kmph. Albeit, my training rides are only 45km from start point of peloton to back.

But honestly, I realise that i ride better after doing plank and bridge holds. (Core workouts) Anyway, not aiming to be faster, just want to enjoy cycling.