Tomorrow's poison courtesy of Vic:
21-15-9(except wall climbs which are just once)
400M
Burpees
Wall Climb
Pullups
Wall Climb
20-24kg KB swing
Wall Climb
Box Jumps
Wall Climb
Ring Dips
Holy shit it's gonna suck!
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:00 pm
by ElliottChow
rumour has it that phing is offering rides? is this true by any strange chance? I bribe you with the bands to hitch a ride off you phing but i already gave the bands to goi to pass to you lol.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:14 pm
by xarope
sure, I'll meet you and keith at the usual gas station. About 2:30pm or slightly past.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:26 pm
by xarope
galapogos wrote:In the west at 3pm instead of usual time/location
Tomorrow's poison courtesy of Vic:
21-15-9(except wall climbs which are just once)
400M
Burpees
Wall Climb
Pullups
Wall Climb
20-24kg KB swing
Wall Climb
Box Jumps
Wall Climb
Ring Dips
Holy shit it's gonna suck!
I think I can do all but the swings (can't even swing with 16kg), but will see. Do I need to bring KBs?
By my guesstimate, this WOD is going to take > 40mins...
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:29 pm
by Twxian
yes this will be very long very very long
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:23 am
by vicvic
i HOPE i can make it for this workout.. because i just came back from partying and i've got to head out for AHM in about an hour's time...
which pretty much mean i'm a walking zombie.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:31 am
by galapogos
xarope wrote:
galapogos wrote:In the west at 3pm instead of usual time/location
Tomorrow's poison courtesy of Vic:
21-15-9(except wall climbs which are just once)
400M
Burpees
Wall Climb
Pullups
Wall Climb
20-24kg KB swing
Wall Climb
Box Jumps
Wall Climb
Ring Dips
Holy shit it's gonna suck!
I think I can do all but the swings (can't even swing with 16kg), but will see. Do I need to bring KBs?
By my guesstimate, this WOD is going to take > 40mins...
bring your 24 maybe?
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:14 am
by Sufian
dont need the 24kg KB. 16 to 20kg KB will be good enough.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:10 pm
by ElliottChow
sure thanks phing, c uthen.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:34 pm
by xarope
WOD "Big Vic":
21-15-9(except wall climbs which are just once)
400M
Burpees
Wall Climb
Pullups
Wall Climb
16-20-24kg KB swing
Wall Climb
Box Jumps
Wall Climb
Ring Dips
Times:
Elliott 24:47
Sufian 25:17
Goi 27:30
Keith 27:49
Phing 32:03
Weixian 35:44
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:42 pm
by galapogos
For once, someone beats Sufian!
Even if it did take 15km of running beforehand to do it
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:54 pm
by xarope
Yeah, we had to pre-exhaust Sufian w/a 42min 10km effort, before someone could beat him.
Well, all's fair...
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:28 pm
by peter
wah this WOD is quite fierce indeed...
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:45 pm
by Sufian
Wouldn't say it is fierce. It made our efforts to climb the wall galantly and with poise impossible.
But, it is pretty brutal.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 am
by ElliottChow
only shows how far in terms of strength and conditioning we are behind sufian, if it takes a marathon to beat him by a minute. lol.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:10 am
by Bryan
i m sure weixian can beat him hands down.. its only xian not a show off like sufian.... hahahahahaa oops...
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm
by Canuck eh
I'll just post this here since we were talking about it yesterday at dinner and didn't want to start a new thread...
Can't see that he has his own personal site or not, put there are emotional, postural in addition to the obvious physical changes he has to deal with as a result of his experiment...
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:06 pm
by KEVIN LIM
Canuck eh wrote:I'll just post this here since we were talking about it yesterday at dinner and didn't want to start a new thread...
Can't see that he has his own personal site or not, put there are emotional, postural in addition to the obvious physical changes he has to deal with as a result of his experiment...
this is fucking amazing man, I really take my hat off. I can't remember the last time when I was obese but I sure dun wana go back there again.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:14 pm
by Canuck eh
what is it they say here?
No picture, no talk?
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 pm
by Bryan
KEVIN LIM wrote:
Canuck eh wrote:I'll just post this here since we were talking about it yesterday at dinner and didn't want to start a new thread...
Can't see that he has his own personal site or not, put there are emotional, postural in addition to the obvious physical changes he has to deal with as a result of his experiment...
this is fucking amazing man, I really take my hat off. I can't remember the last time when I was obese but I sure dun wana go back there again.
post ur bui bui pic here den talk....
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:05 pm
by ElliottChow
wow, i was pretty chubby myself when i was young and 1st year in univ when i broke my ankle, and I can attest, being overweight makes you a lot more sluggish. In the end, however its about excercising consistently and eating heathy with occasional letting go for sweet stuff so you feel more sane at the end of the day.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:24 pm
by Bryan
ElliottChow wrote:wow, i was pretty chubby myself when i was young and 1st year in univ when i broke my ankle, and I can attest, being overweight makes you a lot more sluggish. In the end, however its about excercising consistently and eating heathy with occasional letting go for sweet stuff so you feel more sane at the end of the day.
cmon Elliot....NPNT...u knw the rules....
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 am
by xarope
uploading video (anybody want to volunteer to edit the other two videos from months ago, please chip in; I'm exhausted - both mentally and physically, lucky I have a long weekend coming up...)
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:59 pm
by Steph_Parker
just saw the vid.
lol @ how you rested on the wall climb phing.
if i were you, i think i would just stay on top there and not get down... wait, if i can get up first.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:36 pm
by xarope
man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do...
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:13 pm
by galapogos
xarope wrote:uploading video (anybody want to volunteer to edit the other two videos from months ago, please chip in; I'm exhausted - both mentally and physically, lucky I have a long weekend coming up...)
paging for vic...
wanna upload to the facebook page?
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:31 pm
by M.Hunter
will there be any problem if it's uploaded into fb? was just thinking if some jj students happen to see this..
2cents..
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:08 pm
by galapogos
M.Hunter wrote:will there be any problem if it's uploaded into fb? was just thinking if some jj students happen to see this..
2cents..
It's a private group, don't think they'll be able to see it? Or will they? I dunno.
Re: Sunday Aug 16
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:11 pm
by M.Hunter
Haha i dunno also, but if u tag then should be able to see. Otherwise i also dunno.