Page 1 of 1
Sept 5
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:23 am
by ElliottChow
Anybody in? Could we start a tad earlier like 330 as it's my dads bday and I have to get there by 7
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:53 am
by galapogos
I should be ok.
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 am
by xarope
I should be ok too. Let's decide where soon; TPY, JJC, hill sprints?
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:30 am
by galapogos
Something short - i.e. can be completed within 10min? Then we can do some warmup and finishers instead of being killed by the main workout.
My foot rot's back after the 4d3n outfield, but on the other foot, and currently being managed now that I've experience, so hopefully it wouldn't pose a problem...
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 am
by Ketua
Recovering from flu, hope will be ok by then. But fitness is sure to suffer (from slow to slowerest).
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:20 am
by xarope
galapogos wrote:Something short - i.e. can be completed within 10min? Then we can do some warmup and finishers instead of being killed by the main workout.
My foot rot's back after the 4d3n outfield, but on the other foot, and currently being managed now that I've experience, so hopefully it wouldn't pose a problem...
I highly recommend smartwool socks...
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:24 am
by xarope
Ketua wrote:Recovering from flu, hope will be ok by then. But fitness is sure to suffer (from slow to slowerest).
better take care, flu's tough...
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:34 am
by galapogos
xarope wrote:galapogos wrote:Something short - i.e. can be completed within 10min? Then we can do some warmup and finishers instead of being killed by the main workout.
My foot rot's back after the 4d3n outfield, but on the other foot, and currently being managed now that I've experience, so hopefully it wouldn't pose a problem...
I highly recommend smartwool socks...
Can buy with credit from e-mart?

Re: Sept 5
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:37 am
by xarope
galapogos wrote:xarope wrote:galapogos wrote:Something short - i.e. can be completed within 10min? Then we can do some warmup and finishers instead of being killed by the main workout.
My foot rot's back after the 4d3n outfield, but on the other foot, and currently being managed now that I've experience, so hopefully it wouldn't pose a problem...
I highly recommend smartwool socks...
Can buy with credit from e-mart?

I think you know the answer to that... since when can you buy anything useful (except towels) from the e-mart...
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:17 pm
by ElliottChow
Haha sorry can we go for something like 20 min, a fly off to Canada next week to pig out so need to go harder to pre burn all that junk food and sushi

Re: Sept 5
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:16 pm
by xarope
sure Elliott, you can just do twice of everything we do...
speaking of canada, looks like I'll be in vancouver from 20-28 october... hope it doesn't rain too much.
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:07 pm
by galapogos
xarope wrote:sure Elliott, you can just do twice of everything we do...
QFT.
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:19 pm
by Canuck eh
xarope wrote:sure Elliott, you can just do twice of everything we do...
speaking of canada, looks like I'll be in vancouver from 20-28 october... hope it doesn't rain too much.
It'll be hit and miss weather wise in terms of rain that time of year.
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:25 pm
by ElliottChow
WOD for sunday
"Murph" (The easier version)
1 mile run
100 pullups
100 kb swings
100 "Ring Dips/Pushups or Ab wheel?"
1 mile run
The original murph
1 mile run
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 squats
1mile run
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:27 pm
by galapogos
Sorry, no way I'm running 2 miles on top of a 300 rep WOD, esp not in my present state.
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:09 pm
by xarope
personally I've always thought murph was pointless... you can't keep the intensity up; 100 pullups? obviously not.
I'd say if we can't even match work capacity 101 or ninja, murph is just an exercise in frustration and torn blisters.
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:15 pm
by xarope
Apart from work capacity 101 and met-cond ninja, here's another suggestion (gymjones WOD) for a long'ish workout:
“Those Burpees Suck”:
10x Pull-up +
20x KB Swing @ 53# +
30x Box Jump @ 24” +
40x Push-up +
50x Sit-up +
60x Burpee +
10x Pull-up
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:45 am
by ElliottChow
Sure ion good with that let's substitute the sit-ups with the an wheel or something or ring dips. Where on Sunday?
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:26 am
by xarope
I guess TPY
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:20 pm
by ElliottChow
In that case can I catch a ride again Phing?
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:54 pm
by xarope
I don't think I can this time, Elliott. I have a lunch appt, and will probably be rushing from there to drop my wife home before heading to TPY, sorry.
Re: Sept 5
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:14 am
by xarope
considering the weather, are we still on for today? someone please SMS me if we are, otherwise I assume it's called off...