Page 1 of 1

Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:54 pm
by ElliottChow
Now that he's married should have a 300 on Sunday?

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:39 pm
by Canuck eh
I'm game, but I think they said it's the Strongman prelims this Sunday

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:32 am
by galapogos
Yeah Strongman prelims is this Sunday morning...could do an afternoon WOD maybe?

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:13 pm
by xarope
I'm in, but I'll probably die a horrible death, since I haven't really done any met-cond, much less cardio, for the last 8 weeks or so.

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:57 pm
by galapogos
xarope wrote:I'm in, but I'll probably die a horrible death, since I haven't really done any met-cond, much less cardio, for the last 8 weeks or so.
I haven't since the last 300...guess when that was? :rolleyes:

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:34 pm
by ElliottChow
Lol this will be interesting to say, so 430 Sunday it is. Shall we just start with one lap of 400meters. Or since we are going to die anyway, why not do it with style with suicide sprints :)

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:45 pm
by Bryan
lets go thai disco on sat n finish the bottle and 300 the nxt day

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 pm
by xarope
Bryan wrote:lets go thai disco on sat n finish the bottle and 300 the nxt day
Why do I get the feeling you'll be the only one to survive...

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:43 pm
by xarope
Can repeat the 5x5 from last year:

7 Nov 2010
Prelude (skill/speed/strength oriented)
A 3x3 HSPU
B 3x1 bench jump (stadium 1st spectator level)
C 3x10s queda de rins/side
(or other balance work, e.g. headstand, tripod, crow, planche etc)

WOD "5x5" (met-cond oriented)
5 rounds of 5 reps of:
A deadhang pullups
B burpees
C 1-H swings 16/20/24kg (whichever you can get)
D ring fallout/jacknife
E jumping lunges
Times:
Goi 6:38
Phing 7:12 (mostly 24kg swings, 1x20kg in 2nd round due to contention)
Bryan 9:24
Elliott 9:45

Epilogue
5x50m sprints (Elliott did 1600m run~1:50/400 pace then 2x50m sprints)

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:31 am
by ElliottChow
2nd one please don't think I can jump up high enough anymore lol

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:47 pm
by xarope
what 2nd one? That's just one workout; prep+WOD+post...

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:12 pm
by Bryan
xarope wrote:Can repeat the 5x5 from last year:

7 Nov 2010
Prelude (skill/speed/strength oriented)
A 3x3 HSPU
B 3x1 bench jump (stadium 1st spectator level)
C 3x10s queda de rins/side
(or other balance work, e.g. headstand, tripod, crow, planche etc)

WOD "5x5" (met-cond oriented)
5 rounds of 5 reps of:
A deadhang pullups
B burpees
C 1-H swings 16/20/24kg (whichever you can get)
D ring fallout/jacknife
E jumping lunges
Times:
Goi 6:38
Phing 7:12 (mostly 24kg swings, 1x20kg in 2nd round due to contention)
Bryan 9:24
Elliott 9:45

Epilogue
5x50m sprints (Elliott did 1600m run~1:50/400 pace then 2x50m sprints)
did i do tt??? hahaha

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:20 pm
by galapogos
Anyone going strongman before that?

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:35 pm
by xarope
20feb11

Prelude (skill/speed/strength oriented)
A 3x3 HSPU
B 3x1 bench jump (stadium 1st spectator level)
C 3x10s queda de rins/side
(or other balance work, e.g. headstand, tripod, crow, planche etc)

WOD "5x5" (met-cond oriented)
5 rounds of 5 reps of:
A deadhang pullups
B burpees
C 1-H swings 16/20kg (whichever you can get)
D ring fallout/jacknife
E jumping lunges
Times:
Goi 7:11
Phing 7:50 (20kg)
Elliott ?
Weixian ?

Epilogue
5x agility drills (~10m of 2xshuffle, 2xcarioca, 1 straight ahead "sprint")

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:30 pm
by galapogos
Elliott 9:13
Xian 9:30 or was it 9:50 can't remember.

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:18 am
by Ketua
Oh damn! Just saw this thread today! :(

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:16 pm
by xarope
Ketua wrote:Oh damn! Just saw this thread today! :(
lazy git :P

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:17 pm
by xarope
galapogos wrote:Elliott 9:13
Xian 9:30 or was it 9:50 can't remember.
wonder what slowed Elliott down? I'm pretty sure he was keeping pace with me the first 2 rounds, didn't think he was that far behind me when I finished.

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:37 pm
by ElliottChow
Actually ur right Phing I think itwas the burpees I think I forgot to remember how to do a pushup after round 2 lol. Then u proceeded promptly to kick my butt lol

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:23 pm
by xarope
Oops, we also forgot to add the $25-all-you-can-eat at fiesta brazilia "finisher"... I think I gained another kg after that.

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:37 pm
by galapogos
Actually I don't think we ate a lot...at most 2 rounds each?

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:20 pm
by Sufian
I am back boys!!

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:23 pm
by galapogos
And next week you'll be in!

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 pm
by xarope
Welcome back, Kotter!

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:13 am
by Canuck eh
Phing, that reference is probably lost on people here (did they even broadcast that on this side of the ocean?)
It's probably even before my time to be honest... :P

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 am
by xarope
OK too much late night TV... no wonder I'm as blind as a bat...

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:15 pm
by kacie
been awhile. i'd join you guys, but with matches on sat, i'll probably be battered and lying in bed on a sunday.

Re: Goi is a Married man 300 workout

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:37 am
by Canuck eh
so are we going to attempt to get back to a regular schedule?